Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentines Day 2010

This year Valentines Day was on a Sunday.  I tried to make it special and made plans to make a nice dinner for Nathan and I and Travis and Katie.  Blair and Shanna were having a get-a-way with friends for the weekend. 

Earlier in the week I made handmade Heart shaped soaps for my Visiting Teaching sisters and made some for Shanna and Katie too.   They were all shades of pink and were scented like roses. They are really fun to make and turned out so cute!  I was pretty proud of myself!

For the first time I made homemade truffles for dessert and they came out really tasety!  A Martha Stewart recipe of course! I could use some fine tuning in the dipping in chocolate afterwards but they were delicious if I do say so myself!  We had a nice time with Travis and Katie and then Nathan and I were off to a YM/YW fireside.  Here I continued my decorating desires and set up a fun Candy Display for the Fireside!

No comments:

Post a Comment